Sunday 3 February 2008

The Penguins of Eternal Damnation are out to get me.

So here's another blog on the internet, that vast series of intartubez clogged to the brim with hatemongering idiots like a drainpipe overflowing with rotten sewage. Really, the number of people we have on the internet that don't appear to have more than two or three brain cells to rub together is simply astounding. Maybe I'll get onto some reasons for that in a later post, but for now let me just say that I will try to put out material of a quality that does not drive you to gouging your eyes out with a rusty spork. You're welcome.

Now, what will this blog be about? Probably whatever happens to occupy my mind when I update it. The majority of it will be about World of Warcraft, since that's my biggest current time sink and, after one and a half years of playing it, I feel I know enough about the game to perhaps be able to enlighten a person or two. Indeed, this will also be a forum in which I can ask questions of the readers, and learn new things about the game (in lieu of going to the WoW general forums which, as we all know, are a cesspit of festering intellectual decay).

I've got a few things lined up for this blog. I have my first few posts in mind, and I'm going to be doing my banner for the top of the site so that it doesn't look completely blank. I'm going to look at setting up some audio content in the form of a possible podcast, if I can get the hardware, software, and whatever other wares I might need to start up, because A) My rants would be far more effective if delivered in a form where listeners could hear the emotions (mostly annoyance) behind them, B) Because the warcraft radio sites have spawned inspiration in me (go check out wcradio.com if you haven't already, and listen to their variety of shows, every single one of which is worth listening to - SHAMELESS PLUG SHAMELESS PLUG) and C) Because I just love the sound of my own voice, and I wouldn't want to deny my audience the chance to love it either.

To round off this introductory post, I shall introduce my Azerothian avatars.
Ukwende, level 70 Tauren druid
Jinvasha, level 30 Troll mage
And a variety of alts who I may or may not decide to level at any given time.
I'm currently part of the guild on Aman-Thul US. Come look us up if you feel like it, for we are a wonderful, wonderful guild. As you may or may not know, Blizzard recently opened up the realm Caelestrasz, and people on Aman-Thul got the chance to transfer over there, free. A great deal of Soulbound Horde's members decided to jump ship, which crippled the endgame for a few months. Last weekend, however, we got back into Karazhan and, despite the fact that over half of the raid (including me) had never even been in there before, we cleared all the way up to the Chess event before it bugged out on us and we decide to call it. Yay us!

That's it for now, and I'll be looking to push out some more posts in the near future. (Note that, although Ukwende is my main, people have a lot of trouble actually pronouncing that - so I'll be signing the posts as Jinvasha, because it's easier)

No comments: